As the below Facebook video stats prove, video is the king of content on all platforms now, with the Facebook-Instagram behemoth giving fierce competition to YouTube. When it comes to the business or advertising aspect of videos, Facebook has already captured a big share of the market.
Facebook Video Statistics (Editor’s Choice)
- More than 4 billion video views take place on Facebook every day.
- 500 million viewers watch 100 million hours of video content on Facebook daily.
- 65% of all Facebook video views come from mobile users.
- 85% of Facebook users watch videos with the sound off.
- Native videos get 478% more shares on Facebook than videos from other sources do.
- Facebook captured 24.5% of all video ad spending in the US in 2018.
- 47% of the total campaign value of a Facebook video ad is created in under three seconds.
- The cost of Facebook video ads is 10% of the cost of carousel or single image ads.